Friday, February 17, 2006

Counterfeit Week 8

Quite an eclectic playlist this week, which was fun, but the show lacked a certain spark due to the lovely Elle being away this week. Never fear, she'll be back this coming week, but with the departure of Amanda, who will be enjoying a lovely week in Sydney.

So we were the show that was to welcome Valentines Day for 2006, and although none of us in the studio really think to much of the day at all, we did a mix tape of love, and for the more cynical amongst you, hate. So it was Nick Cave and The Postal Service VS The Walkman and Joy Division. 'I am thinking it's a sign that the freckles
in our eyes are mirror images and when we kiss they're perfectly aligned' VS 'You've got a nerve to be asking a favor, you've got a nerve to be calling my number I know we've been through this before'. OR 'I don't believe in the existance of angels but looking at you I wonder if that's true' VS 'Why is the bedroom so cold, turned away on your side'. Which one do you side on??


Thanks again to Greer and Michael for keeping my company in the studio. I had a blast guys.

Playlist for Monday February 13th:
Radiohead - Everything in its Right Place
The Strokes - You Only Live Once
Built to Spill - Center of the Universe
Shout out Louds - I Wish I was Dead part 2
Bluebottle Kiss - Women are an Army
Cat Power - The Greatest
Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues (live)
The Velvet Underground - Rock n Roll
Children Collide - Frozen Armies
The Modern Lovers - Road Runner
...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead - Relative Ways
Daft Punk - Robot Rock
The Avalanches - Electricity
LCD Soundsystem - Daft Punk is Playing at my House
The Futureheads - Hounds of Love (Phones remix)
The Postal Service - Such Great Heights
Nick Cave - Into My Arms
The Walkmen - The Rat
Joy Division - Love will Tear us Apart
Les Savy Fav - Hold Onto Your Genre
At The Drive In - Pattern Against User
Sleater-Kinney - Entertain

1 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

Week 8's playlist is/was so good it should be illegal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home